TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Straits Screen part of Straits Alliance Pte. Ltd. (hereinafter called ‘SA’) and its affiliates are providing its services subject to the following terms and conditions. Upon signed up, it is deemed that you have read and agreed to these terms and conditions. Please read them carefully.
1. Eligibility for use
You represent and warrant that you are obtaining screening reports for the permissible purpose of evaluating a candidate for employment, promotion, reassignment or retention as an employee. You will not use the screening reports obtained for any other purposes.You will use the services only for appropriate employment purposes, and in compliance with all applicable local laws and regulations. You must ensure that prior to obtaining a screening report, your candidate is made aware of its purpose and agrees to the disclosure of their personal information by signing a consent form provided by SA.
You agree you will not:-
- Impersonates another person or entity or misrepresents your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Infringes on a third party’s intellectual property rights;
2. Services and Warranty
SA shall provide services to the client by procuring information and presenting the information to the client in the form of a report and this report shall constitute the agreed services that SA is expected to provide. It is essential that the client provides SA the complete inputs and data requires for the verifications so that the report produced can be as accurate as possible.
All services are provided in a professional manner in accordance with reasonable and recognized industry standards. SA passes on to the client, information which has been obtained in respect of the subject of a background screening and is not the author nor creator of the information. As such, SA does not guarantee the accuracy of this report and is not responsible for the actions taken by client or cause others to take, as a result from the use of this report.
No information or advises provided by SA, or by our employees or agents, or sub-contractors shall create any warranty. There are no representations or warranties, expressed or implied, oral or written except as contained herein and all implied warranties are hereby excluded to the extent permitted by law.
3. Turnaround Time
Turnaround time stated is an estimate number as working days for a check to be completed and is subjected to the following:
- Completeness of candidate’s information provided for screening
- Circumstances beyond SA control, for instant, a company declines to release information or a company has ceased operations.
In these cases, SA shall be obliged to use reasonable efforts to provide information in regard to the verification. Upon 5 attempts, if the said information is still not made available, the client shall be informed and a remark “Unable to verify” shall be reflected in the verification report.
4. Non-Disclosure of Confidential Information
SA gathers information for the sole purpose of performing a background search requested by client and we do not sell, lease nor disclose your information to third parties. However, during the course of verification, we may employ our partners or agents to act on our behalf. They are contractually obligated to uphold the confidentiality and privacy of information collected. Partners or agents are prohibited from sharing any information collected with other third parties and will only use the information for its intended purposes.
5. Indemnity and Liability
- The client agrees to fully indemnify SA and its employees, agents and representatives against all liability, loss, responsibility, costs or damages arising in the course of the fulfillment.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, SA and its agents and partners shall not be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, damages, or loss, resulting from the use of this service and shall not be liable to client in contract, tort or otherwise (including negligence) for any loss of data, revenue, business, contracts, services, use, anticipated savings or goodwill or loss suffered by client as a result of an action brought by a third party in connection with the use of the services.
- The aggregate liability of SA and its business partners, for any claims under these terms, including any implied warranties, arising from one event or a series of related events shall be limited to the amount paid to SA for the report ordered of the said candidate. In all cases, SA and its business partners will not be liable for any loss or damage that is not reasonably foreseeable.
When you have provided your email address to us, you may, from time to time, receive email communications from us about your account, as well as occasional marketing emails. You may elect to opt out of receiving marketing emails by notifying us through email firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Conditions applicable for all services
- Client is responsible for each order that is placed.
- Client shall be charged for all Service at the rates set forth at the time each order is placed. However, SA reserves the right to deny continuation of any order if unanticipated price fluctuations occur (e.g. agent pricing, currency fluctuations, etc.) and reserves the right to cancel any order with an appropriate refund.
- Client shall be responsible for charges resulting from Client’s errors in inputting data, entering duplicate orders, and canceling orders once processing has commenced.
- Payment is to be made in advance by credit/debit card at our website, by cheque, wire transfer or by Singapore bank transfer.
- All payments made shall not be refundable nor exchangeable for other services.